Business across multiple sectors must collect and maintain records of staff, customers and visitors to their premises from September 18.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson yesterday announced that businesses have a clear duty to support NHS Test and Trace and it would become mandatory for some businesses to log details and keep them for 21 days.
There is a higher risk of transmitting COVID-19 in premises where customers and visitors spend a longer time in one place and potentially come into close contact with other people outside of their household.
To manage this risk, establishments in the following sectors, whether indoor or outdoor venues or mobile settings, should collect details and maintain records of staff, customers and visitors:
- hospitality, including pubs, bars, restaurants and cafÃ©s
- tourism and leisure, including hotels, museums, cinemas, zoos and theme parks
- close contact services, including hairdressers, barbershops and tailors
- facilities provided by local authorities, including town halls and civic centres for events, community centres, libraries and children’s centres
- places of worship, including use for events and other community activities