A Traineeship is a training programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of young people and prepares them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’.
Traineeships help prepare young people aged 16 to 24, or 25 with an education, health and care plan, for employment or an apprenticeship.
Traineeships must include at least 70 hours of work experience placement. They can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year, but most last less than 6 months. Employers can offer a work experience placement to a trainee. They will work with a training provider to design the programme.
Offering a work experience placement gives employers the chance to:
- get to know and work with a young person to see if they’re right for an apprenticeship or job in their business
- design a programme that suits the needs of the trainee and their business
- develop current employees’ experience in training and mentoring
- recruit new talent for their business
- claim an employer incentive of £1,000 when a work experience placement of over 70 hours has been completed
Businesses in Shropshire can also find out more at Ladder for Shropshire