Businesses across the Marches are being urged to take advantage of free expert support to help them prepare for the country’s exit from the EU single market.
The end of the transition period on December 31 signals the start of new trading rules for any business which deals with the EU bloc.
And the Government is urging companies to take action to make sure they can hit the ground running when the new rules come into force on January 1 2021.
A spokesman said: "The UK has left the EU and is leaving the EU single market and customs union. The end of the transition period means businesses should take action now to prepare for guaranteed changes and new rules from January 2021.
"To support business preparations, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is hosting free live and recorded webinars to help businesses check the new rules and understand the actions they need to take.
"Following the initial broadcast the webinars will be available on demand."
The live sessions will take place at the following times:
- Services and investment – 11am, Tuesday 13 October
- Retail – 11am, Wednesday 14 October
- Automotive – 2pm, Wednesday 14 October
- Metals and other materials – 11am, Tuesday 20 October
- Electronics and machinery – 11am, Wednesday 21 October
- Consumer goods – 11am, Thursday 22 October
- Life Sciences – 11am, Tuesday 27 October
- Construction – 11am, Wednesday 28 October
- Aerospace – 11am, Thursday 29 October
More information and registration for the above sessions can be found at http://bit.ly/WebinarMids