Published: September 18th, 2019
Businesses across Herefordshire are being urged to attend a free workshop to help make sure they are complying with new data protection laws.
The two-hour lunchtime session – called A DIY Approach to GDPR – is being staged at the Marches Growth Hub Herefordshire’s base at Hereford Business Solutions Centre on September 27.
Fastershire business advisor, Peter Elliot, will outline how businesses can achieve compliance with the new GDPR legislation, introduced last year to unify the way personal data is protected across Europe.
His session will focus on:
- What is GDPR compliance?
- What has happened since GDPR became law?
- The six principles of GDPR
- Marketing and consent
- Dealing with Subject Access Requests
- Stop Press! GDPR in the event of a no-deal Brexit
- Registration with the Information Commissioner
- Where to go to get further information
The event kicks off at Noon at the centre on Skylon Court in Hereford.
A complimentary lunch and refreshments will be provided for all attendees as well as the opportunity to network.