Your Gateway To Business Support Call Freephone 0800 998 1098 or


Options Menu
Click here to
find support

Make your selection:

Contact the National
Business Support Helpline
for further support

Freephone 0800 998 1098

Call between Monday and Friday, 9am-5pm or e-mail us.

Find Out About Grants
& Loans Suited to You

New transition help for the Food and Drink sector

The Hub News Team | 17.12.20

UKT_PHASE03_STATIC_16_9_AA series of digital guides on how the food and drink sector should be preparing for the end of the transition period on December 31 has been published by the Government.

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) resources include a new guide to Export Health Certificates (EHC), a video on food labelling and a new digital food and drink guide.

The transition period ends at 11pm on December 31, marking the start of the UK's new trading status following withdrawal from the European Union.

The guides highlight some of the key steps businesses in the food and drink sector should be taking to get ready for the new arrangements – covering areas such as labelling, export arrangements, marketing standards and packaging.

To access the guides visit:

The Government has also published a new service where HGV drivers can apply for a Kent Access Permit (KAP) and check they have the paperwork they need to cross the border via the Port of Dover or Eurotunnel.

From 1 January 2021, HGV drivers with a vehicle over 7.5 tonnes must have a KAP to travel through Kent to the Port of Dover or the Eurotunnel and on to the EU. The permit helps manage traffic by confirming drivers have the right documents for EU import controls.

To visit the service go to

And new guidance for EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) applicants who have been affected by restrictions associated with coronavirus has also been issued.

The Home Office has also published guidance for applicants for documentation issued under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 who have been affected by restrictions associated with coronavirus.

Both sets of guidance provide detail for applicants on what to do if they need to provide alternative evidence of identity and nationality as well as other practical steps applicants can take.

They can be found at and


View all Events >