WEBINAR Better Digital Meetings with Emma Alston
*A programme of 4, 1-hour workshops* * Open to SMEs based in the Marches*
As we welcome in the New Year, let us embrace new working techniques that will enable us all to make the best impression possible in every conversation and interaction when video conferencing.I will be covering everything you need to know to create ‘Better Digital Meetings’, whether you are finding your way or using these tools every day.These sessions will help you overcome any self-consciousness or apprehension you may feel regarding live video communication, equipping you with the skills to ensure your digital meetings run more effectively. *
Preparation for Better Digital Meetings – 11th Jan @ 11am
- In this session, we will look at how you can adequately prepare yourselves to ensure your digital meetings are successful.
- I will introduce ways you can connect with your audience to guarantee you are communicating confidently and authentically.
- We will explore a range of subjects including optimal positioning of devices/ framing/ adequate lighting/ virtual or real backgrounds/ the value of the mute button and volume.
- We will look at what etiquette is expected of us now that we are communicating this way.
Challenges of Presenting – 18th Jan
- During this session, we will investigate how behaviour impacts our delivery; topics such as eye contact, facial expression, deportment, and vocal energy. These are all important factors that ensure successful presenting in digital meetings.
- Many of us feel self-conscious communicating this way, however, I will introduce tools to help overcome those fears.
- Making friends with the camera and microphone enables us to gain courage and as a result, we are able to present with confidence.
Timings and Resilience – 25th Jan
- This session will focus on managing time and the importance of resilience, both for you and your team.
- We will identify what roles our body language, tone and pitch of our voice plays and how we can optimise these to ensure confident communication.
- We will ask why breaks are important; communicating digitally means we are having to work harder to process non-verbal cues and why that uses more energy.
- We will also look at the benefits of introducing transition periods in between video meetings to avoid fatigue and burn-out.
Speak up and be heard – 1st Feb
- In this session, we will rediscover the importance of speaking, not just for the sake of speaking. Also, how vital it is that we actively listen more.
- We will look at methods of improving your vocal power and gravitas, encouraging others to truly listen to the weight of what you are saying. Plus, why feeling grounded, lends itself to confident communication.
- I will introduce some useful breathing techniques that will empower you with vocal energy and enable you to speak up and be heard.