T Levels are a new qualification for students aged 16 to 19 in England who’ve finished GCSEs.
They’re an alternative to A levels and apprenticeships, giving young people the technical and practical skills needed to be an asset in the workplace. T Levels combine classroom learning with a substantial industry placement.
T Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where they put these skills into action.
Industry placements are a shift from traditional work experience to a longer, more structured placement in the workplace for young people to develop real work skills and make a meaningful contribution to your organisation. Placements will last at least 315 hours (approx. 45 days).
If you are an employer in England, you can offer an industry placement to a T Level student. Industry placements give you a chance to work alongside the next generation of workers entering your industry, making sure they develop the knowledge, attitude and practical skills to succeed.
They give you:
- fresh ideas and input from the next generation
- a talent pipeline for the future
- a way for you to fill skills gaps
- a chance for staff to develop supervisory and mentoring skills
- an opportunity to build a more diverse workforce
- an enhanced reputation in your community