Help with moving from benefits to work
Government advice and support for people starting and running their own business.
You can get help to:
- start your own business
- develop your business, if you’re already self-employed
You can get help from:
- local organisations – ask your Jobcentre Plus work coach for more information
- government-backed business support schemes
If you get Universal Credit
You might be able to get a 12 month ‘start up period’ if you’re self-employed.
During a start up period, no matter how much you earn:
- your Universal Credit payments are based on your monthly earnings
- you do not need to look for other work
- you’ll get support from a work coach who’s trained to work with the self-employed
Your current work coach can tell you if you’re eligible.
Read more about claiming Universal Credit when you’re self-employed.
If you already have a business that’s less than 2 years old
You might be able to get a Start Up Loan.
If you’re disabled or you have a health condition
You may be able to get extra support through an Access to Work grant.VISIT SITE
Contact us about Help with moving from benefits to work
Or email us direct