Grants to Access Resources and Facilities of the National Catapult Network
How to apply
Under this scheme SMEs can receive up to £15,000* to spend on the services and support delivered by Research and Technology Organisations (RTOs) and the Catapult Network including:
- Exploration and testing of new product ideas
- The provision of technical expertise and sector knowledge
- Advice on regulatory and government processes along with access to networks of customers, services and funders.
- Identification of opportunities for R&D, collaboration and partnership building
- Sector specific expert advice e.g. support with market analysis, cost modelling, business‐case support, creation of industry‐relevant R&D project plans
- Sector specific advice and support to commercialise their innovation, including improving efficiency, making their business operations more sustainable, or investigating market gaps
*The grant will pay 100% of eligible project costs up to a maximum of £15,000 (exclusive of VAT if the beneficiary business is VAT registered, irrecoverable VAT can be included in project costs)
What is an RTO / Catapult?
Research & Technology Organisations and Catapults are physical centres with cutting-edge R&D infrastructures including hubs, laboratories, testbeds, factories and offices, as well as technical experts that can help innovators develop breakthrough products and services.
There are 9 Catapults operating from 40 locations that are able to provide support under this scheme.
What is Innovate UK EDGE?
Innovate UK EDGE is a key part of the UK innovation agency’s investment in the innovative businesses that drive economic growth.
We help ambitious, innovation led businesses grow and collaborate, both domestically and internationally, and turn their ideas and research into tangible value for either commercial or societal gain.
Am I eligible?
- Businesses that comply with the UK subsidy control rules are eligible for the service.
- The business is UK registered and the company number relates to the same business name.
- The business is a trading company and not a holding company or a dormant company.
- The business has less than 500 employees (less than 250 in Northern Ireland, a turnover of less than €50million, or a balance sheet total of less than €43million)
- The business has filed their accounts on time, the latest accounts have not been qualified and it is considered to be an on-going concern.
- None of the Directors has been disqualified.
- The business has no more than two County Court Judgements (CCJs) or CCJs with a value of greater than£10K
- The support to be provided to the business will not exceed their rolling 3-year allowance of £344,600 (or €200,000 for Northern Ireland)
How do I apply?
Applicants will agree a bespoke Action Plan of support with an Innovate UK EDGE Innovation and Growth Specialist who will support the grant application process.
The activities agreed on the Action Plan will complement the work with the Catapult by providing wrap-around mentoring and support.
This support will include identifying barriers to growth and delivering specialist advice across key areas including access to funding and finance, sales and marketing, Intellectual Property and many more.
To apply either speak to your Innovation and Growth Specialist or click the register above.
Following submission of this form, Innovate UK EDGE will assess your eligibility and, if eligible, one of our Innovation and Growth Specialists will be in touch about developing your application.
Contact us about Grants to Access Resources and Facilities of the National Catapult Network
Or email us direct