Marches Small Equipment Grant
Grants are available for up to 50 per cent of total eligible project costs (to a maximum £10,000) to SME's to purchase new equipment that will create new jobs, boost productivity or develop new products and services.
The Marches Small Equipment Grant (SEG) is a scheme part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund which is available to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) within the Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin areas.
Capital grants are available for up to 50 percent of total eligible project costs (to a maximum £10,000) to SME’s to purchase new equipment that will create new jobs, boost productivity or develop new products and services.
Eligible projects must lead to the creation of at least one part time job within six months of the equipment being installed and/or the development of a new product or service to be provided to other businesses. The overall number of jobs or products and services created will be taken into account when assessing the level of grant awarded. Retrospective applications are not eligible and no work should start until written approval is received.
The grant is primarily available to businesses which trade with other businesses (B2B) and are an SME:
Small to medium sized enterprises (SME):
- Employ less than 250 full time equivalent employees and
- an annual turnover of less then £50,000,000.00 or,
- a balance sheet of less then £43,000,000
Business that cannot apply include:
- Businesses providing goods or services to directly to the consumer ( general public)
- Restaurants, drinking establishments and fast food takeaways
- Hotel and accommodation providers
- Online retail or rental businesses
- Support for farm and farm diversification projects where the end use is agricultural or related to retail
- Local social welfare providers
- Public sector organisations
- Insurance companies and brokers
Items that cannot be funded with this grant include:
• Purchase of land or buildings
• Revenue costs/running costs e.g. Consumables,
stationary, salaries etc
• Stock items
• Services – solicitor fees, legal insurance
• Renewable energy installations
• Corporate responsibility items – H&S, DDA
• Like for like replacements of obsolete equipment with little or no added value
• Computers may be considered for the new employee or in some exceptional circumstances
• Mobile infrastructure e.g. Vehicles, trailers
• Items purchase through HP agreements
• Second hand if not covered by 6 month warranty
Each individual item must be equal or exceed £500 in value. Minimum grant award is £1000 – project costs must equal or exceed £2000.
How to apply
If you would like to discuss your proposal before completing the form please contact the Programme Team on 01432 261511.
The programme is receiving up to) £3.4m of funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund. Established by the European Union, the European Regional Development Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support innovation, businesses, create jobs and local community regenerations.
For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding