Low Carbon Opportunities Programme (LoCOP)
The Low Carbon Opportunities Programme will provide funding to help to businesses in Shropshire to develop low carbon products and services.
Innovation Funding is still available in Shropshire from the Low Carbon Opportunities Programme (LOCOP), to support businesses to develop and commercialise low carbon technologies and services. The aim of this ERDF funded support is to help businesses investigate, advance, protect and commercialise low carbon business ideas.
LOCOP is able to fund the following types of projects:
- Low carbon product, process or service development
- Commercialisation or implementation costs
- Market research and assessment
- IPR protection
- Prototyping, demonstration or testing of new products
- Manufacturing scale up or market rollout
Grants are available from £2,000 to £30,000 to help deliver an innovative project (up to 40% of project costs).
For further information about LOCOP, please complete the contact form below, contact the team on 01905 677 888 or email [email protected]
Examples of existing projects funded by LOCOP in Shropshire that will reduce carbon emissions include:
- A project that converts methane into a useful bio-gas for fuel and energy storage.
- A water saving device that will reduce flood damage.
- Developing a refillable product for the food and drink industry