Levelling Up Home Building Fund – development finance
If you’re building homes for sale or rent, we can provide finance from £250,000 to cover development costs.
What the fund supports
We want to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and innovative developers and housebuilders to build more homes more quickly and to create great communities.
We also want to encourage innovation, both in the kind of homes that are built and the way they are delivered. Examples of innovative projects you might need funding for could include:
- serviced plots for custom and self-builders
- off-site manufacturing
- new entrants to the market
- community-led housing projects
- groups of small firms working together to deliver larger sites
If you need loan funding for infrastructure and enabling costs to prepare land for homes, you can also apply for an infrastructure loan from the Home Building Fund.
Eligibility for finance
You may be eligible for finance if:
- your project is financially viable
- you are planning on building or refurbishing 5 or more homes on a site in England (refurbished units must be uninhabitable at the point when you apply)
- your project would stall, or progress much less quickly, without this finance
- you are a UK-registered corporate entity or limited liability partnership (LLP)
When we make a finance offer, you will normally need to have a controlling interest in the land and a clear route to achieving planning consent.
We cannot fund projects where:
- there are new leasehold houses
- leasehold flats are charged more than a peppercorn (ie nominal) ground rent