The Shropshire Youth Support Trust (SYST) is a charity that runs enterprise centres for people in Shropshire.
It is a hub to help young people and young businesses in the local area to have the opportunity to utilise their talents and potential so they can run a profitable and viable business.
SYST provides the space and support for young disadvantaged people to create a job for themselves, maximising their business and personal potential, leading to financial independence.
It provides mentoring, finance, business space, coupled with intensive business advice and personal support, and innovative sales opportunities (generically known as business incubation) via its ASYSTED business programme.
For the SYST target group, working for themselves is a way of overcoming difficulties in securing a job. The beneficiaries do not have the means or covenants to take on commercial premises. The centre offers subsidised studios/workshops (rising to commercial rates over two years,) alongside intensive business advice and support to clients provided by a centre manager and volunteer mentors.
Here are some of the benefits of being and ASYSTED Business
- Use of the "ASYSTED Business" logo to promote your business;
- SYST Mentor to be assigned to your business via ASYSTOR Programme;
- Assistance with Business Plans/planning and provision of templates and information
- Access to Finance via SYST ASYSTOR programme and/or SYST Partners/Affiliates
- FREE clinics and workshops on business themes
- FREE access to networking events and exhibitions and Fayres
- Access to subsidised pop up retail, office, work and desk space
- Access to free Virtual PA/phone answering service (3 months' free trial)
- Marketing Support via: FREE page on SYST website; Free promotion via SYST social media & partners • Free logo design available (limited availability - ask us for more info)
Eligibility criteria for being a SYST ASYSTED Business
- Have a meaningful Business concept/idea
- Attend 2 SYST workshops or equivalent (within previous 6 months)
- Complete the SYST Registration Form
- Agree to attend Follow up session with SYST staff or Mentors
You must be one or more of the following
- 18-30 years old and/or
- A young/new business and/or
- Unemployed and/or;