Employers urged to register for the apprenticeship levy
The Hub News Team | 6.3.17
Large employers to sign up and register for the apprenticeship service, in readiness for the launch of the apprenticeship levy on 6 April 2017.
The apprenticeship service is an online digital system (similar to online banking) that has been set up to support the apprenticeship levy.
The online service then allows those employers to financially manage their apprenticeship programme and help them to estimate their financial spend and recruit apprentices through their training providers. It will help employers:
- focus on their business priorities
- address skills shortages head on
- invest in the skills and training to help their organisations succeed
"Our funding reforms are essential to ensuring that this country works to build a highly skilled workforce for the future. Nobody understands the skills employers need better than the employers themselves and that is why we are placing them in the driving seat, to ensure they get the talent they need to grow.
Sue Husband, director of the National Apprenticeship Service said:
To register, levy-paying employers should have:
- their Government Gateway login details for PAYE schemes they want to include
- the details for each organisation that will be making an agreement with a training provider for apprenticeship training, including Companies House or charity number