Published: September 17th, 2021
Businesses across the Marches are being invited to take part in the Help to Grow 12 week-programme delivered by leading business schools across the UK.
Accredited by the Small Business Charter, the programme combines a practical curriculum, with support from a business mentor, peer-learning sessions and an alumni network.
The first cohort will start in Telford in October, and the programme will be delivered by Coventry University in a range of face to face and virtual sessions, with both Aston University and Derby University also offering the programme online. The programme is available to SMEs in Herefordshire, Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin.
Designed to be manageable alongside full-time work, this programme will support business leaders to develop strategic skills with key modules covering financial management, innovation and digital adoption.
By the end of the programme, business leaders will develop a tailored business growth plan to lead their business to its full potential.
The programme is 90% subsidised by government – costing only £750.
Who is it for?
UK businesses from any sector that have been operating for more than one year, with between five and 249 employees are eligible.
You should be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business e.g. Chief Executive, Finance Director etc.
Charities are not eligible.
The programme is built around a practical curriculum which features:
- Eight facilitated online two-hour sessions
- Four practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- One-to-one support from a mentor, providing you with personalised support to develop your business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
You can find out more about Help to Grow and register here