Published: June 10th, 2019
First impressions count.
That’s why your logo needs to be just right. And who better than our very own Growth Hub Guru Tristan King to set you on the right road to designing brilliant branding?
Tristan – who has run Voodoo Design in Telford for the last nine years – will share some of the secrets of great logo design at our next Growth Hub Guru session on June 26.
With more than 30 years’ experience in the graphics, advertising, publishing and branding industries, there’s not much Tristan doesn’t know. He specialises in design-for print and logos, but he’s also an illustrator and cartoonist.
So, whether he’s creating work for a sole-trader or an international company, his level of imagination and creativity is just the same.
Couple that with speed and value, and he’s proud to claim that clients enjoy a champagne service for lemonade money.
Tristan’s session on June 26 gets under way at 9.15am at the Marches Growth Hub Telford & Wrekin‘s base on the University of Wolverhampton’s Innovation Campus in Priorslee, and will last for three hours.
We can’t wait to see you there. In the meantime, here’s Tristan’s five top tips for success when it comes to logos.
1. One sign of a good logo is that it works well at very small sizes. Check… at the size of a postage stamp, is yours legible?
2. Logos should be designed in black & white initially. When you’re happy with it, only then apply colour.
3. Use professionals. Just because you ‘can’, doesn’t mean you ‘should’. I wouldn’t attempt plumbing – maybe you shouldn’t attempt graphics!
4. Logos should be in vector formats, like PDF and EPS, to guarantee reproduction quality at huge sizes, like banners & posters.
5. All design work should stand out from the crowd. Clients can’t come to you if you’re lost in a sea of normality – if others ‘zig’, you should ‘zag’!