People and Tech Talk @Cyber Quarter
95% of cyber-attacks happen due to human error – how will you protect your business?
If you own or manage a company in Hereford, have director level responsibilities, HR responsibilities or IT responsibilities then why not take advantage of this funded workshop?
A UK business is hacked every 19 seconds – will you be next?
You probably stick your head in the sand when you hear the words ‘Cyber Security’. Most businesses do. But cyber is not just an IT issue it’s also a people and organisational issue. In fact cyber threats are a board-level problem and directors are in the firing line more than ever before. Cyber fraud has led to major privacy leaks breaching ICO regulations and due to the reputational risk we don’t always hear about them. Can you honestly say you have the right cyber insurance, legal insurance and employee training to cover the cyber threats to your business? Here are a few companies that have suffered from a cyber attack:
- Aug 2022: Christopher O’Brien A former Health Advisor has been prosecuted for obtaining the personal data of service users, namely patients of South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust. He was ordered to pay £250 compensation to each data subject. [ICO]
- Oct 2022: Interserve Group Limited. A cyber-attack which took place in the period 30 March 2020 to 2 May 2020 and affected the personal data of up to 113,000 employees of Interserve cost the company £4.4M. [ICO]
- Oct 2022: Hereford Bluecoat School suffered a cyberattack recently with parent and children’s details being taken and published on the dark web.
So, if you own or manage a company in Hereford, have director level responsibilities, HR responsibilities or IT responsibilities then why not take advantage of this funded workshop? It is a fun and interactive workshop with very practical and useful tips to use immediately back in your business.
Collins Design and Build “A great workshop thank you. It helped us understand more about the human side of cyber”
Orphans Press “A really helpful session based on our Cyber Essentials accreditation”.
Come and meet Ellen (human factors specialist at Cyber Quarter) and learn insights into how to not only survive but thrive in 2023. Your people can be your greatest asset and your greatest liability. We will show you how to manage stress, optimise performance and comply with legislation.
Come and meet Femi and Phil (cyber security specialists at Cyber Quarter) and you will hear about how open data is being used to exploit businesses leading to financial and reputational loss. In this part of the talk, you will learn how to use publicly available tools to monitor and add value to your product/service and security with minimal cost.
You are experts at what you do so let us help protect you and turn your cyber vulnerabilities into your competitive advantage.
- 10:00 – Sign in, Tea/coffee & Networking
- 10:30 – The Human Factor – People and Organisational issues
- 11:30 – The Technical Bit – IT and Data issues
- 12:30 – Networking with lunch buffet provided
- 13:00 – Close
Directions: Use the postcode ‘HR2 6FP’ for Sat NavREGISTER
Contact us about People and Tech Talk @Cyber Quarter
Or email us direct