Helping Employees Affected by Dependency
This taster session is targeted at employers and HR professionals located within the Marches LEP (Telford & Wrekin, Shropshire and Herefordshire)
The aim of the session run by Midlands based behavioural change charity; Aquarius who specialise in supporting people affected by alcohol, drugs and gambling, is to help engage workplaces in proactive conversations about how they support their employees.
You will focus on exploring the communication skills for working with people that may be affected by dependency:
- Understand the value of a brief intervention and why your position/role is appropriate to engage in support of a person
- Spotting the signs – workplace indicators in your role and risk factors
- Know some ways to start a conversation with a person and how to engage with them throughout the conversation
- Know how to support an effective referral
You will also find out what other services Aquarius offer and how they can help your business.
What do we hope to achieve for workplaces?
- Encourage people to engage with local services (or our specialist workplace service if it has been commissioned in your business)
- Improve the skills of the workforce in holding conversations related to alcohol, drugs and gambling
- Reduce unplanned absences
- Get people that are signed off back into work (where these alcohol, drugs or gambling are contributory factors)
- Improve performance and reduce the risk of presenteeism
- Reduce risk of incidents/accidents
This is a virtual event – you will receive your joining instructions via email by 3pm the day BEFORE the event is due to run (from [email protected] – please check your junk mail) Please contact me by email if you have not received anything by the stated time.
Who are Aquarius:
Aquarius are a Midlands based behavioural change charity specialising in supporting people affected by alcohol, drugs and gambling.
The mission of our workplace service Aquarius Life is to prevent and overcome the harms caused by alcohol, drugs and gambling through the delivery of cost-effective specialist workplace services. Any income we generate is reinvested in our other charitable community services.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
This event is fully funded and free to eligible businesses to attend.
We appreciate that sometimes there are good reasons why businesses are unable to attend workshops, however if you are no longer able to turn up, please cancel your ticket through Eventbrite.
We require 48 hours cancellation notice prior to the event (in order for us to offer your space to another business)
Please note that if you do not attend without letting us know, we reserve the right to decline your bookings for future sessions.