The quality of food and drink produced across Herefordshire is, quite rightly, world-renowned.
There are few corners of the globe where Hereford Beef is not a byword for excellence, or where the ciders produced in our region are not regarded as the best of the best.
But it is all-too-easy to take this excellence for granted and fail to blow our own trumpet.
It’s time to change all that.
The Hereford Times’ Food and Drink Awards 2018 aim to showcase the very best of the outstanding food and drink produced in the county and the hotels, pubs, cafes and restaurants which are proud to serve it up.
Awards are up for grabs in a range of categories to make sure that any business connected to food and drink in the county has a chance to shout about its success.
The award categories are:
- Best Cider Producer sponsored by Royal Three Counties Show
- Best Restaurant or Dining Pub
- Best Brewer
- Best Dairy Producer
- Best Cafe or Tearoom
- Best Food Producer
- Best Butchers
- Community Pub of the Year sponsored by the Wobbly Brewing Company
- Best Independent Food and Drink Retailer
- Best Drinks Producer (not cider/beer/ale)
- Best Farm Shop sponsored by The Duchy of Cornwall.
- There is also an overall award for Food and Drink Business of the Year.
So if you think your food and drink business is worthy of recognition, take the plunge and get your entry in. But you’ll need to move quickly because the deadline for entries is September 26.
For more information and a nomination form visit herefordtimes.com/awards/foodanddrink
An awards ceremony will take place in November.