Virtual Market Briefing: Czech Republic
21st October, 2020 9:00am to 12:00pm
Join this event co-hosted with our colleagues from the DIT team in the Czech Republic. Suitable for businesses in all sectors, this virtual event will give you the chance to learn more about the market in a briefing hosted by Tereza Vicková, Senior Trade Adviser and Kryštof Holub, Trade Adviser for DIT based in Prague. You will also have the chance to request a 1:1 meeting following the session to discuss your business in more detail.
Why the Czech Republic?
- The Czech Republic economy is one of wealthiest and most stable country after the Post-Soviet Europe and the CEE
- It is one of the most developed industrialised economies, with a GDP per capita that currently stands at 19,487 EUR in 2019, which is 86 per cent of the EU average
- The poverty rate is the second lowest of OECD members only behind Denmark
- Its population of 10.5 million inhabitants boats a well-educated workforce-72 percent being within employable age of 15 to 65 years - and well-developed infrastructure
- In 2019, its registered unemployment at 1.93 percent, the lowest of the 27 EU member states
- It's a very good springboard for entry into neighbouring markets particularly Slovakia and Czech distributors sometimes also service Hungary
The market briefing session will cover:
- A brief overview of the sector in the market
- Top import sectors for UK goods and services - fastest growing sectors, major opportunities etc.
- Impact of COVID 19 and implications for exporters
- Current or anticipated opportunities
- Top tips (e.g. business culture - negotiation styles, how to build a successful relationship, important cultural factors, routes to market)
- Potential pitfalls and barriers to explore
- Support available through DIT and delivery partners