Business Culture Workshop: USA
19th November, 2019
9:30am to 12:30pm
The Studio, 7 Cannon Street, Birmingham B2 5EP
The United States (US) is the largest, most competitive and technologically advanced economy in the world. US Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has consistently seen growth of 1.8% or more since 2011. It is the UK's top export destination…
There are many benefits of trading with the US, which include low regulatory barriers, minimal language barriers, access to global supply chain, which can lead to exports for other markets and a strong rule of law.
But don't be fooled by our common language, there are a multitude of culture-defining differences between UK and US which impact on business. Similarly, and although geographically connected to the US, there are distinct culture, communication and language variances between the US and the UK.
The training will cover:
- business cultures: religion, language, values, beliefs and customs
- different business and economic environments
- business communication and negotiation styles
- challenges and solutions for doing business in individual markets
- understanding and overcoming common trade barriers / pitfalls
- market entry and protecting your business
- ease of doing business
- e-commerce strategy
Who is this workshop for?
This event is funded by West Midlands Chambers of Commerce's ERDF SME International Growth Project. In order to attend you must be an SME registered within the West Midlands.
For more information and to register, please click here.