Midlands Engine: BioHealth Market Visit to Boston and Maryland USA
22nd September, 2019 - 27th September, 2019
Midlands Engine will be taking a trade delegation to The MedTech Conference, hosted by AdvaMed in Boston USA, during September 2019. This is an opportunity to interact with a global gathering of medical device, diagnostic and digital health executives from many leading international medical technology companies.
The delegation will then transfer to the state of Maryland where you will discover regions powerhouse of BioTech, Medical Device and HealthTech (together termed BioHealth) network of researchers, entrepreneurs, keystone enterprises and organisations that culminate in one of the USA's largest innovative clusters.
About the MedTech Conference
The annual MedTech Conference is a premier global summit for medical technology industry leaders. There will be over 3,000 participants from 30 countries at this year's event - including high-level government officials, regulators, industry executives, VCs, bankers, media and other stakeholders. By joining this market visit you will gain an exclusive insight into the event, as well as receiving access to everything the conference has to offer.
Why join the Midlands Engine delegation?
The Midlands plays a major part in the UK Bioscience and Medical Technology sectors, and is a priority for the Midlands Engine. Along with the invaluable help from International Trade Advisers at DIT Midlands before and after your visit, the benefits of being part of the Midlands Engine delegation will include:
• Welcome meeting and invite to the Department for International Trade networking reception Boston
• Attend a US market access seminar delivered by AdvaMed, as well as a legal briefing given by McDermott, Will and Emery
• Visit to the Longwood Medical and Academic Campus and Kendall Square area of Boston
• Networking with buyers, key stakeholders and exhibitors to establish new contacts at the MedTech Conference 2019
• Welcome dinner hosted by Maryland Commerce Department & British Embassy
• Maryland tours include: the National Institute of Health (NIH), the John Hopkins Campus & John Hopkins Technology Ventures, and the University of Maryland & Science & Innovation Park
• Presentation from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and 1-2-1 meetings with Federal scientists
• Access to a wide range of promotional opportunities organised by Midlands Engine and wider network
• Feature in the Mission Brochure distributed to international buyers and DIT's overseas network
• Exclusive information on the challenges of doing business in USA and how to overcome them, including an invitation to join a targeted webinar identifying opportunities for your organisation
• Opportunity to feature in the UK Asset List
Register your interest:
Visit https://bit.ly/2XDZ3jO to register your interest today, free and without obligation.
For any queries please contact Louise Stock, Healthcare & Bioscience Sector Specialist for DIT East Midlands at: