Global Business Innovation Funded Visit to USA - Focus on Energy Systems
17th March, 2019 - 22nd March, 2019
The Enterprise Europe Network is organising a fully funded visit to Boston, USA targeted at innovative and ambitious businesses in the Energy Sector.
This visit and accompanying programme of support will help UK businesses to identify new opportunities in the US energy sector. The 4-day programme will include:
- Registration to the AEE East Energy Conference and Expo
- Visits to leading energy research organisations based in Massachusetts
- Expert perspectives from key players involved in US energy systems
- Networking opportunities with leading-edge US businesses and potential investors
Businesses supported through the Prospering from the Energy Revolution (PFER) Programme, funded by the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) are invited to submit applications, in addition to other innovative businesses active in development and deployment of energy systems technologies.
Participating businesses will receive: Flights, five nights' hotel accommodation, subsistence and conference registration (one representative per company).
ITINERARY (subject to change)
- Sunday 17th March - Depart UK. Arrive in Boston
- Monday 18th March - Market and Technology Orientation
- Tuesday 19th March - Technology Showcase Visits - Massachusetts
- Wednesday 20th - Thursday 21st March - AEE East Energy Conference and Expo
- Friday 22nd March - Technology Showcase Visits - Massachusetts, Depart Boston. Arrive in the UK (Saturday 23rd March)
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Fully funded visit to Boston (including flights, accommodation, subsistence and conference registration fee)
- 2 day ticket to attend AAE East Energy Conference and Expo
- Opportunity to exhibit on UK delegation stand at AAE East Energy Expo
- Network with investors and top energy decision-makers from business, industry and government
- Visits to top research and academic centres of excellence and leading-edge companies based in Massachusetts
- Pre-visit Workshop: expert advice on how to refine your proposition, improve your pitch and protect your IP
- Access individual coaching sessions to ensure you are fully prepared for the visit
- Access post-visit support to exploit the opportunities from the programme
On acceptance to the visit, a commitment fee of £500 will be obtained from each successful applicant, which will be returned on completion of the programme and the agreed action plan. Non-attendance after formal acceptance will result in forfeiting some or all of the fee.
This visit is funded by UKRI, through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. All flights, accommodation, meals and conference registration will be organised on behalf of participating companies.
To participate in this visit, your business must be an SME established in the UK.
To express your interest in participating, please click here to complete the application form.
The closing date for submitting your application is Sunday 10th February 2019.