Rail delegation on track for Australian business success
The Hub News Team | 20.9.19
Marches businesses with an interest in the railway sector are being invited to join a top-level delegation to a major Australian trade fair.
AusRail is the largest rail event in the southern hemisphere and more than 900 senior attendees are expected to take part in the conference programme this year.
The Midlands Engine trip aims to build on the region's role playing a major part in the UK Rail sector by developing links and new trade channels with colleagues and businesses in Australia.
A spokesman said: "As part of the delegation you will have the support of a Department for International Trade (DIT) Midlands International Trade Adviser prior to and during the event.
"You will also be able to spend time on the British Pavilion and have use of the Midlands Engine exhibition pod as a meeting place, and there will be the opportunity to showcase your company on the Midlands Engine pod via a short video/presentation on screen along with your company brochures."
Some of the other benefits of being part of the Midlands Engine delegation include:
• An exclusive insight into the Australian rail market.
• A pre-mission briefing plus an in country welcome meeting on Monday December 2.
• Roundtable discussions with key players
• Networking with buyers, key stakeholders and exhibitors to establish new contacts
• Feature in the Mission Brochure distributed to international buyers and DIT's overseas network
• Inclusion in a wide range of promotional opportunities organised by Midlands Engine and wider network
• Invaluable help from International Trade Advisers at DIT Midlands
A commitment fee of £300 + VAT is applicable for each organisation to cover the cost of local activities such as site visits and round table discussions. Delegates are responsible for booking their own flights and accommodation. Financial support of £770 is available for those companies in the Midlands Engine area who meet the required eligibility criteria.
To register your interest click here and complete the application form by October 11.
For any queries please contact Andrew Scott-Green, Rail Specialist for DIT East Midlands at: Andrew.Scott-Green@mobile.trade.gov.uk