Information on business rates and cash grants.
- NEW: The Government has allocated extra funding to local authorities for a discretionary grant scheme to help those businesses which may have fallen through the cracks of the existing funding support. You need to apply to the local authority where your business is based. Find out more here
- The 100% business rates holiday for the next 12 months announced in the Budget has been extended to cover all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England - not just those up to £51k Rateable Value.
- A £25,000 cash grant will be available to retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in smaller premises, with a Rateable Value below £51k.
- A proposed £3,000 cash grant to 700,000 small businesses (those eligible for Small Business Rate Relief) announced in the Budget will be increased to a £10,000 cash grant. It is anticipated that this will also apply to those eligible for rural rates relief.
- It is anticipated the rates relief and grants will apply from April 2020 and grants paid via the council to which you pay your business rates. The latest information on this is available here and you can contact your council about these grants here: Herefordshire Council, Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council.
23 October As businesses across #Shropshire continue to recover, NatWest's #Business #Growth Enabler @gemma_bourne1 will be of… https://t.co/BnOM0xq1Oi
23 October We are keen to ensure that businesses in the Marches region are able to take advantage of the considerable #tender… https://t.co/8vaZ0mosdq